Saturday, 21 May 2016

President's Report - AGM 9 May 2016 -

LEIGH ON MENDIP WI, PRESIDENT’S REPORT – MAY 2015 TO APRIL 2016



What an exciting year we have had with so many things to do. I hope you have all enjoyed it. If you were unable to be at an event I hope you looked at the blog. We are very lucky to have this available for us and thanks go back to Sparks but now to Jan you keeps it up to date. I do hope you all access it. I certainly do and it is really good when I'm away travelling on the boat.

I would like to thank the committee for all their hard work over the year and non-committee members - Sue V, who writes up the report for the magazine, and Hazel who stepped in as Fete rep and to do the raffle. We do need more committee members if anyone feels they can spare some time.

We have 25 members which is the same as last year. We love having new members but feel sad when current members decide to leave. It is up to us all to make everyone feel welcome. It would be nice to have some younger members and I'm sure if they came they would enjoy it because younger members are joining new institutes being set up. They even have waiting lists to join. Perhaps we could do better!! We must all promote the organisation and try and persuade younger ones to attend. We have an open meeting next month so this might be a good time.

The coffee morning once a month is proving very popular and my thanks go to Ann and Jan and to all the other helpers who help over the year.

Thank you to you all for making the WI a wonderful full organisation to belong to in Leigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment